Important Update: Students and Alumni, reset your password prior to July 1, 2020.
Here are the easy steps on how to reset your Full Sail University password and tips for password best practices.
As part of Full Sail University’s continued efforts to improve our
information security posture, we're requiring all Students and Alumni to
reset their password prior to July 1, 2020. This is the password you
use to access Full Sail University services including your FSO and Full Sail One
login, Office 365, E-mail, and on Campus Wi-Fi network. This new
University-wide password reset is a proactive measure that will provide
an added layer of protection to Student and Alumni accounts with updated
password guidance and validation.
It should only take a few minutes to reset your password. Visit Full Sail One to get started: https://one.fullsail.edu/public/knowledge_base_articles/need-help-signing-in
Password Best Practices
- Passphrases are encouraged as length has been identified as a primary factor distinguishing password strength.
- Your password or passphrase must be at a minimum of 12 characters.
- Your password or passphrase should not contain your username or any previous passwords.
- You should not reuse words used in a previous password or passphrase.
- Do not use a single word that can be found in a dictionary or common words that identify with the University (e.g., fullsail2018).
- You should not use your University Login Credentials to register for any third-party websites, social media platforms or any other non-University affiliated systems – online retail, banking, and other services that are not related to Full Sail University.
- You should never leave your computer or electronic devices (e.g. phone, table) unattended and unsecured.
- Never share your password with anyone for any reason.
- Full Sail University faculty and staff will never ask you to provide your password for any reason. This includes contact via face-to-face, email, or telephone.
If you need any assistance or have any questions please contact Technical Support (email@example.com or 877-437-6349).