Grads shared professional tips, industry insight, and took part in career service panels.
On April 26, Full Sail's Career Development department hosted a Career Networking event at the Kimpton Eventi Hotel in New York City. Over 150 Full Sail alumni came together for the event, and throughout the day and well into the night, grads at every stage of their career engaged in discussion and networking while reconnecting with the passion that led them to Full Sail.
Jay Noble, Full Sail's Vice President of Alumni Relations and Events, Tammy Elliott, Full Sail's Vice President of Career Development , and Shaun Moore, Northeast Alumni Relations Representative for Full Sail, addressed an excited crowd for the kick off of both events. The Career Networking portion of the day ran from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Lines quickly formed around the 20-plus employers (several of whom were fellow Full Sail alumni) looking to both network and fill open positions. Throughout the day, featured alumni and employers hosted roundtable discussions to answer questions and share valuable insights on industry topics.
A Social Networking Event took place from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., allowing grads to mingle with one another, share stories, and reconnect. Recalling the evening event, Shaun Moore said “Many of the alumni said that they had originally intended to only stop by but had such a great time, they stayed right up to the end of night.”
Full Sail's Career Development department wants to extend a special thanks to the grads who helped make the New York event such a success:
- Chris Brady (Partner Alliance Manager, Velir)
- Wilson Costa (Roto/Graphic Artist, NFL Films)
- Fernando Delgado (Hall of Fame inductee; Founder/Owner, Stickman Sound)
- Devon Devlin (Head of Operations – Shows & Editorial, Spotify)
- Rafael Fernandez (McFarlane Toys)
- Aaron Ford (Director of Digital Advertising, The Orchard)
- Jeff Hinton (award-winning recording engineer)
- Larry Hitch (Senior Software Engineer, HBO)
- Joe Lambert (Joe Lambert Mastering)
- Rich Phillis (Associate Recorded Sound Designer, Blue Man Group)
- Nadine Santos (Vice President - Programming & Artist Relations, Music Choice)
Additionally, Career Development also wants to express their gratitude for the participation of the following employers who participated in the event:
HBO, PSAV, Sennheiser Electronic Corp, Shade VFX, Two Goats, Inc., United Talent Agency, Roundhouse Multimedia Inc., High Five Games, Avalanche Studios, Blast Off Productions, Frost Productions, Ross Mobile Productions, 4Wall Entertainment, Crossfire Sound Productions, Presentation Products, Tilting Point, Scrollmotion, Barclays Center, Carlson Audio Visual, Pyrotek Special Effects, IPG Mediabrands, Branch VFX