Beginning on January 11, 2018, all alumni will receive a new email address in addition to their @fullsail.edu or @student.fullsail.edu ones. This new address will retain your personal username, but the domain will change to @alumni.fullsail.edu. Your password will remain the same.
Students who graduated after November 7, 2017, may currently have an address of @student.fullsail.edu in addition to @fullsail.edu. These students will also receive the @alumni.fullsail.edu address.
We are providing you with this additional email address to further establish your status as an official alumnus of Full Sail University. We hope to aide you in providing a professional advantage when networking and communicating with potential employers and your peers.
So, for example:
- John Doe has a username of jdoe. His email address is currently email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and will become email@example.com after January 11, 2018.
- Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com will still come to the same email inbox as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read this information carefully so you will be prepared for the change - this article will remain as a resource on the Full Sail Alumni Network, and you can always contact Full Sail Tech Support with any questions at 877-437-6349 or email@example.com.
This change will affect you in the following ways:
1. Email Authentication
- Even though you are gaining a new email address, your new username for email authentication will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need to update your authentication information in any email clients you use (Outlook for Mac, Mail on your phone, etc.) from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After January 11, 2018, you will encounter errors on any email clients you have set up with your Full Sail account. To fix these errors, please follow these specific steps on how to set up your account on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android device: https://fso.zendesk.com/hc/en-...
2. Access to Full Sail Websites
- The services listed below will also require users to login with the format of email@example.com, accompanied by your pre-existing password.
- Lynda.com (lynda.fullsail.edu)
- CareerSync (careersync.fullsail.edu)
Will I lose my @fullsail.edu email address?
No. Your fullsail.edu address will remain yours for as long as you are an active student or alumni. You will still receive messages sent to your @fullsail.edu address; they will still arrive in your inbox. However, you will need to login with your new @student.fullsail.edu username.
Will I lose my email messages?
No. Any emails sent to your @fullsail.edu address will always continue to appear in your student inbox just as they always have.
Will I need to update third-party websites? (Adobe, Apple, Spotify, etc.)
It is optional. Your logins for third-party sites and software accounts are not required to be changed or updated. It is your choice if you would like to update these third-party accounts with your new @alumni.fullsail.edu address, if it helps you manage your accounts. But again, this is not required and won’t break anything. The only services directly affected are the ones noted in this post. The @fullsail.edu address is still an official, Full Sail University recognized student email address.
Remember, you will still be able to receive emails from all third-party sites and software accounts that use fullsail.edu - (to receive updates, support notifications, update passwords, etc.)
4. Need help?
If you run into any issues or have questions about this process, please contact Full Sail Tech Support at 877.437.6349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know this is a significant change, and we don't take it lightly. One of the main aspects of this upgrade is to provide a more secure and reliable network server for our students, faculty, and alumni. While this was a necessary course of action for the university to take, please know we have been working hard to ensure the least minimal impact to you as possible. We thank you for your patience throughout this transition. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We will be happy to assist you!
-- Full Sail Management