What services are provided by Full Sail University’s Career Development department?
The Career Development department assists students and graduates in their post-graduation job search process through a multi-pronged approach, which includes:
- an advisory team comprised of industry-specific professionals
- career strategy appointments, workshops and presentations addressing topics such as personal brand development, cover letter / resume creation, networking and interviewing techniques and research strategies
- industry-focused outreach efforts to potential employers seeking the skill-sets of a Full Sail University graduate
- private online portal for 24/7 access to job opportunities and connection to the Career Development Department
- recommended sites and associations for industry-focused research and resources
- coordination of hiring events and networking opportunities in Orlando and other markets such as Los Angeles, New York City, Atlanta, etc.
- a career-long commitment to your continued success, at any level
Will Full Sail’s Career Development department be able to get me a job?
Our Career Development Department can be a strong support system as you work on pursuing your career goals, as they remain connected to the industry via graduates and many employers across multiple industries. Graduates can connect with Career Development, search and apply for jobs, and receive assistance throughout their job search by using CareerSync, a private portal available for our graduates.
What is CareerSync?
CareerSync is an online portal that connects you to jobs, resumes, and Full Sail's Career Development department, located at careersync.fullsail.edu. All students receive an invite to join CareerSync 3 months before they graduate.
If you did not receive an email or are having issues logging in, please contact FSO Support for assistance.
If you do not have a current CareerSync account, please contact FSO Support.
What are some of the companies that have hired Full Sail grads?
Can I audit classes after graduation?
Graduates who have successfully completed any of Full Sail's degree programs can audit any current class in that degree program. Auditing is allowed on an available-seating basis.
How can I audit a class?
As a Full Sail graduate you are eligible to audit courses from the degree program you have successfully completed. Consult a current Full Sail Catalog for course listings.
I am an employer interested in hiring Full Sail grads. How do I reach out?
Our Industry Outreach team can assist you in establishing a relationship between your company and Full Sail's Career Development Department. You can email an Industry Outreach Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 866.807.3140, or visit our Hire Our Grads page.
How many of Full Sail's grads get jobs?
For information regarding our current graduate employment rates, please visit Consumer Disclosures section on fullsail.edu.
How much will a Full Sail grad earn in his or her career?
Specific salaries vary widely and depend upon a combination of factors including the graduate and his or her specific skills, location, field, company, and job. You can research salary information reported by the U.S. Department of Labor on www.bls.gov, located in the Occupational Employment & Wages section or the Consumer Disclosures section on fullsail.edu.
Does Full Sail currently have open positions?
What is an Internship?
An internship should be an extension of your education that provides an opportunity to gain practical work experience and exposure in actual career fields. Interns typically work with designated managers and are provided with feedback regarding their work performance.
A typical internship is around 240 hours (12 weeks/20 hrs. per week). Upon successful completion of this internship, 3 credit hours will be awarded and a Certificate of Completion will be forwarded to you post graduation, once you meet all other degree program requirements as stated in the Full Sail University Enrollment agreement.
Can I apply for an internship if I am currently a student?
Yes, in-school students can apply for internships, however they must:
- be currently enrolled in a Full Sail University degree program
- have successfully completed 50% of your required credit hours
- be in good academic and financial standing
- have pursued and secured the internship position
Once the above requirements have been met, and when you have been accepted for an internship opportunity, please notify the Career Development Department with the company, supervisor’s name, address and contact information.
A letter of confirmation, along with a commencement form and completion form will be sent to your internship supervisor.
How can I apply for an internship if I’ve already graduated?
Graduates can enroll into the Extended Studies Program (internship). This program allows you to accept an internship post-graduation and receive credit (enrollment is free).
Please contact your assigned advisor in Career Development upon accepting an internship.
- Runs for a typical term of 240 hours (for example: 6 weeks full time, 3 months part time, etc.)
- Requires two forms to participate: a commencement form at the start and a completion form at the end - both completed by your supervisor
- Provides a Certificate of Completion upon successful conclusion of the internship
- Grants 3 additional credits to your transcript
How can I get copies of my Diploma or Certificate?
Requests for a copy of your Diploma or Certificate can be made easily by visiting:
Request by Email:
- You should include your name as a student (i.e. maiden name if married since graduation), phone number, last four digits of your social security number, and program of study.
- These requests can be emailed to email@example.com
Request by Mail:
- Mail your request to: Full Sail University, Attn: Registrar 3300 University Blvd., Winter Park, FL 32792
Request by Fax:
- Fax your request to 407.551.2045. Please list information about where to send; including "Attention To" and full mailing address and/or fax number.
- If the request for this document is time sensitive, please provide all important details.
- Typical turn-around time for these requests is 5 to 7 business days, once received.
I recently changed my name, how do I update my contact information?
Requests for Name Changes must be made in writing and the graduates’ signature is required.
Requests should include your name as a student (i.e. maiden name if married since graduation), a copy of a legal document (Marriage License, Drivers License, Legal Decree) with your new name, phone number, last 4 digits of your social security number, and program of study.
These requests can be mailed to Full Sail, Attn: Registrar, 3300 University Blvd., Winter Park, FL 32792 or faxed to 407.551.2045.
I am a grad. How do I let Career Development know what I've been working on?
How can I get copies of my transcripts?
To order a transcript, please visit parchment.com and create an account.
How do I contact the Career Development department?
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (ET)
- Location: University Park Building 110, Second Floor
- Phone: 407.551.2023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Door Days: Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. (ET)
- Appointment Days: Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (ET)
How do I access or sign up for a fullsail.edu email address?
You can login to your fullsail.edu email account by visiting http://mail.fullsail.edu
If you are a graduate and would like to set up a fullsail.edu email address, please contact Full Sail Support.
Support Contact Info